Monday, December 05, 2005

Thanks Greg. . .

I was really thankful for the visit from GCM's Greg VanNada this weekend. It was great to spend so much time with him - as a leadership team, as a staff team, as a campus director, and at our church plant interest meeting on Sunday. Greg's experience and strong heart to follow God was refreshing to us as a church body.

I was especially thankful for Greg's time with us on Sunday afternoon. He helped to clarify his roles with us on the church plant - offering himself as a resource. We learned about church plant teams that have failed throughout the years along with teams that have flourished. I enjoyed the stories (even those that were negative) of teams that have been sent out by GCM over the past 25 years. I became more excited to help lead one of those teams in the near future!

I was also challenged by Greg's time with us. His desire to reach the lost was convicting to me. Intentionally and directly spending time with unsaved people is not a regular part of my schedule. While I look forward to it on the church plant, I have to wonder how difficult it will truly be to dedicate time to it when I spend such little time doing it here. I was challenged to step out in faith more here in Bowling Green.

Overall, I'm honored to be coached by Greg. I believe that a healthy dose of motivation and conviction should be key in this process. I'm looking forward to gleaning more from him in the future. Also, I'm looking forward to talking with each of you about your thoughts on the church plant lately. To remind you, Emily, Bryan, and I will be in the Union Starbucks tomorrow (Tuesday) from 2:00-5:00pm and on Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm. We'd love for you to stop by and chat about where you are at personally with the decision to go.

I'm curious to know what you thought of the time with Greg on Sunday. I'd love to hear your thoughts - both motivating and convicting. You can utilize this blog by posting comments with your opinions of the time.

Have a great week!

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home